Wednesday 23 March 2016

My First Blogger Event and Thoughts About Blogging

My First Event....

On Friday I went to my first blogging event, one of my best friends Ellie who has a blog called EleanorGraceful (click over to her blog here) asked if I wanted to go so I read the description on the Manchester Blogger group over on Facebook and thought it sounded quite interesting. It was an event hosted by Holland and Barrett to promote their beauty products and if I'm honest I wasn't even really aware they did beauty products so it was interesting to see what they have on offer. I've had a little browse of their website now and there are a few brands I've used before like Burt's Bees and Trilogy and then lots of new ones I'm less familiar with that I'd be interested to try. If you're curious about any of it you can have a browse here, I particularly like their section about DIY beauty recipes.



I've not had a chance yet to try all of the products we were given but I've given the hand cream a go which is great and the body scrub. I'll definitely be giving the self tan a go next now that I've started to fake tan recently. A lovely lady from Beauty Kitchen showed us how to make a basic lip balm and gave us some to take home, as well as demonstrating the effectiveness of one of their hand scrubs on both me and Ellie (its gave us seriously baby soft skin).

They provided us with the nicest buffet, I took full advantage of this and had A LOT of food, me and Ellie may have also had 3 glasses of Prosecco each, woops, well they did say we could help ourselves (I swear).


We both had our make up done by a lovely MUA with make up products that Holland and Barrett sell, which again I was surprised that they do as I've never heard anyone mention it. The MUA did quite a dewy base on me which I'm always really wary of with my problematic skin, but it made a nice change. There was also a chance to get a manicure done by another beauty professional but I didn't get around to doing that. 

All in all it was a really lovely experience for a first blogger event and the people I chatted to were all super friendly. It's definitely made me want to go to more events, try out new products and meet more bloggers.


Some Thoughts On Blogging & Where My Blog Fits In..

Going to a blogging event made me think again about the fact that I don't have a certain category or niche that my blog particularly belongs to. The thing is I really don't want it to either. This blog is a kind of reflection of who I am to some extent, that's not to say I would share every part of myself on here but equally I don't want to limit myself either. I don't want to have to just stick to certain topics because say for example I've chosen to do a Film blog or  a Beauty blog. I'd say the majority of blogs I read do seem to choose a clear category and I can fully see why. Doing it that way the readers know what to expect and therefore you're more likely to gain a following of people who go to your blog when they want to read about a certain topic. If you write about whatever you fancy I guess the reader goes to you for your writing style and personality over your particular focus on a topic because the content will be unpredictable to some extent. I like the idea of blogging not having strict boundaries so for now I will keep just writing about the topics that I feel like on that given day, sometimes it may be something a little shallow, sometimes a topic that may open up discussion, or maybe even neither, who knows? I'm happy with doing that for now and I hope if you're following my blog you will enjoy the random nature of my posts, I really do enjoy writing at the moment and having my own little space to just share whatever I want.


2 comments:

  1. Your niche should be Christmas. And worms. Christmas Worms.

    ReplyDelete