Sunday 31 January 2016

My favourite places on the internet

I thought for this post I'd share some of my favourite places to visit on the web- blogs, sites, videos. The last post I made was a bit downbeat and I feel like spreading some positivity and maybe you'll find something you enjoy in the list.

Ted Talks is a website I visit if I want to learn about something new or feel inspired. They are basically short videos most no longer than 15 minutes covering a massive range of topics. Their bio states that their mission is to 'spread ideas' which is basically the essence of it. A lot of the speeches are very motivational too, I recently watched one about letting go of regret that I found really insightful. The range of people they have doing the talks are brilliant too, people from all walks of life, there's basically something for everyone. I'm pretty sure you can find their videos on Youtube as well as just through their own site.

Mark Kermode and Simon Mayo's film reviews are next on my list. I don't always listen to the full pod-cast which you can find here, sometimes I like to put that on if I'm doing other things and I'll just have that playing in the background but for when I just want to see a specific review I go to their Youtube channel here. The pod-cast is good though because it has interviews with actors/directors and listeners emails read out, as opposed to just solely reviews. I just find their dynamic quite entertaining and Kermode knows so much about cinema that I always find myself discovering other films I would never have known about through his reviews. Not that I always agree though, I mean he liked Twilight so..... but then again, maybe that shows that he he is confident in his own opinion enough that he can say that? Yeah, I dunno.

I think I'll throw a blog in here now. This girl Charly is hands down my favourite blogger, if I could write anything like she does I would be one happy bunny. I can't actually believe she's only 20. She writes about a number of topics- men, friends, fashion, mental health and everything she writes she writes with such openness and honesty that's rare to find on the internet. I admire the fact that she hasn't succumb to the usual style of writing nowadays where there is pressure for everything to be super concise bitesize reads.I think often people are worried that their readers might get bored unless they can put their point across into a few neatly packages paragraphs.This post about her experience with Bipolar is worthy of anyone's time.

Next upppp, a Youtuber. Anthony Fantano 'the needledrop' is just great. I watch most of his videos even when I know It's an album I'll probably never check out, like Kermode his wealth of knowledge alone makes it worth watching. Then on top of that the dude is funny. 




I've discovered some artists I now LOVE through him like FKA Twigs when she released her first album and he gave it glowing reviews. This is him reviewing her latest EP. He also has a mostly trolling 2nd channel thats funny if your into dumb shit like I am look it up- thatistheplan.


I'll leave it here for now, there's more bloggers etc that I'd love to include so I'll probably revisit this and do a round 2 soon. That's it for now, I hope you enjoyed the list! x



No comments:

Post a Comment